Monday, November 15, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow

Happy Monday! :)
I'm very excited to blog about our crazy weekend! We went to Emmetsburg for a shower that my wonderful aunts and cousins were throwing for us! Unfortunately, Emmetsburg was hit with a very LARGE snow storm and we ended up getting 14 inches! The shower was scheduled for 9am but we postponed it until later in the day. It was such a nice shower...my Aunt Jan, cousin Heather and her daughters, along with my mom had decorated the basement of the bank so nicely. The sad part is we ended up having the shower in the pitch dark--the power went out! I opened gifts by the light of a book lamp my mom had in her purse. I just feel bad for all the hard work that was done. All my aunts baked muffins and my aunt Jan made four pans of egg bake! I just want them to know that I probably ate about eight muffins...and they were GOOD!
It was still such a nice day and some family made it, including Blair's mom and dad all the way from Creston. I'm just thankful that those who live far away didn't risk it! Some of us had a sleepover at Mom and Dad's and of course we had lots of yummy food to eat thanks to my dear mom! My poor dad was stuck moving snow ALL day!!

On Sunday, I was able to catch up with some close friends, Amy and Sara. We had a nice visit...it was much needed!
Later in the day Mom, my aunt Darlis, and I went to a craft show. My aunt Danita makes the most awesome homemade cards. We had to go check out her stand!


Blair and I are so thankful for all the nice gifts that people have given us for both showers. People are so generous! We truly appreciate all the kindness and hard work!



Baby Tay update:
-He's very active!! What a cool feeling...I'm falling in love with the little dude :) Can't wait to meet him!
-His room is beginning to come together. Grandma and Grandpa Taylor brought his bedroom set last Thursday and we're slowly getting organized.
-He supposedly weighs just over three lbs!! Big boy! :)
-Daddy and I are starting to call him by name and are working on a middle name! We might have to wait and finalize that when we meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment