Thursday, June 14, 2012

A little scare...

We had a little scare with my mom, and I just feel like I have to blog some of the details.
After getting back from Kansas City on Monday, Mom suffered from a stroke early Tuesday morning.
My dad took her to the hospital in Emmetsburg and they took her by ambulance to Mason City.
She had 24 full hours of testing, and thankfully after lots of waiting her MRI revealed that she did have a small stroke in part of her brain called the Basal Ganglia.
Mom does have some slight damage to her left side and her speech is a little off. I've already seen great improvements with her movements tough, and the doctor assured us that she would regain full mobility.  Home Health Care will come to her house and get all her physical, occupational, and speech therapy arranged. She'll get this at the house until she is able to drive herself.
She was able to head home today and I know she is just thankful that she can get some good sleep in her own bed. I know my dad needs some rest too, and I hope they can just get that.
I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers from ALL of our family members and friends. It all reminds me just how loved she is! We all agree that she just needs to worry about herself for awhile and take the time she needs to heal. She is such an amazing women and I'm so blessed to have her as my mom.

We Love You Mom!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment